Monday, August 16, 2004

THE INITIATION

If you know me you know that I am a music buff, well if u don't know me...I am a music buff ;)...ne way the other day I was going through my collection (pretty huge one :)) and saw this old BonyM tape lyin around....that is what started this thought process....

Well my dad used to listen to music pretty often....one of his friends had come over and he had this new (happening i guess :)) tape from BoneyM....dad had not heard any of their tapes so he decided to take a sample....The first song was "Night flight to venus" if i remember correctly....I was around 6 then so, that song did not have any lyrics (not many any way!) but i loved the beat.....so as is customary i guess i started a voluntary "dance" (if u can call it tht, i still can't ;)) performance and dad said what the heck he got the tape recorded....and from that day on every day after school that was the only tape that played on the state of the art (for that time) JVC deck.....I guess I made everyone at home sick of that song, coz they somehow persuaded me to take a chance with some other cassette.....

That is when I discovered "Beat it" by MJ and I WAS HOOKED.... So if u see me with a walkman and a baseball cap with my head bobbing from one side to the other...blame it on my dad and his friend ;)

some trivia: Did you know that BoneyM was formed after their first song was released
and found an audience...the afro ppl were just performers, lip syncin a la Britney Spears....the creativity behind the music was that of the producer...that is how the story goes any way...

PS: this story is not as told to me but as i remember so............:)

1 comment:

S said...

hmmm, now i know the real culprit for ur jammed neck.....ol whacko jacko! :)