Monday, September 01, 2008

Kashmir

He lies on the footpath
immaculately dressed
undeniably ready for success
but something is not right

Half of his head is hairless
The rotting skin no longer productive
He can't move his head any longer
The headache is excruciating

They said they can cure him
He will have to let go off a part of him
The part of his head that won't let him shoot for the stars
That part of him that may lead to his slow decay

The choice is his,
let the rot free as it wants to be
or wait for the his end
and the end of the part of him he did not want to give up

P.S. I did not want to write on what was going on in Kashmir conflict as my understanding is inadequate and I thought it will be insensitive. But I found a lot of people think the same way. The part that troubles me is that are we ready to leave people behind because we are doing well? Would this arrogant question have come up if our economy wasn't doing well?

1 comment:

Cynic in Wonderland said...

end of the part of him, he did not want to give up. evocative.

Like you my understanding is inadequate, so have only half formed opinions.