Monday, October 30, 2006

Freedom

We the people on NDTV had this debate yesterday about the veil issue and Shabana Azmi's comments about it.

One thing every body kept repeating was....It is my CHOICE, and I have the freedom of choice.

Choice is something you make once you take a look at both sides of the argument.
I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't wear a skirt. Well I don't do these things coz I was brought up to think these were not right....well the skirt part was for guys....err ok not scottish guys....any way so when somebody is brought up looking at people around you doing things one way. You try doing it some other way.....THEN WHAT YOU DECIDE IS YOUR CHOICE. Following what everybody around you is doing is not a CHOICE.

Another argument was (m not making this up).....if a pastry is covered with glass or a black sheet it is still covered. Counter point - a pastry covered with glass will tempt me but a pastry covered a black cloth will not.
Both these speakers were women (shouting there point)....and they say men treat women as a comodity!! SHEESH!

One good point(which has been proven again and again and again).....why do men not cover themselves?? can't they tempt women??.....now that you have stopped laughing, think of all th ewomen screaming when salman takes of his shirt....why the double standard?? why the hypocrisy?

No comments: