Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blast from the past

Romanticizing the past is a natural passtime of any body who actually has a past. If you don't have regrets in your life (not too many i.e.) then you wish you were actually in an entirely different scenario as compared to the one you are currently in.

Anybody who is into music, DOES tend to "think" that the music of the years gone by was better than what is being dished out now....this is not only true for music of the current day and age....the same thing did happen with our parents and theirs and etc.....

All of you who like classic rock and like concerts, surely wish you were there at the first woodstock... This wishfull thinking always gets people stuck in Flower power era and the swinging sixties. Of protest marches and anti-establishment and freedom....we do not know what was wrong with thoes time coz history is seldom balanced....very few accounts of history mention the grey areas and are usually black or white....assuming everything from that time was great....hell, why assume, just get this song and you'll know what I mean....

Artist: Sandi Thom
Song: I wish I was a punk rocker
Album: Smile.....it confuses people

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
I was Born too late and to a world that doesn't care

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
When the head of state didn't play guitar,
Not everybody drove a car,
When music really mattered and when radio was king,
When accountants didn't have control
And the media couldn't buy your soul
And computers were still scary and we didn.t know everything

When popstars still remained a myth
And ignorance could still be bliss
And when God Saved the Queen she turned a whiter shade of pale
When my mom and dad were in their teens
And anarchy was still a dream
And the only way to stay in touch was a letter in the mail

When record shops were ON top
And vinyl was all that they stocked
And the super info highway was still drifting out in space
Kids were wearing hand me downs,
And playing games meant kick arounds
And footballers still had long hair and dirt across their face

I was Born too late to a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

Lyrics from lyrics and songs

P.S: The song is pretty nice too :)

No comments: